Thursday, May 31, 2012

Entering Yoknapatawpha

Welcome! This is the companion blog for the class "William Faulkner: The 1930s" at Politics & Prose bookstore for June-August 2012. I'll be using this site for course information, student comments and feedback about Faulkner, my own reflections on the differences between this class and my university teaching...as well as whatever else comes up.

For this summer course, we'll be reading and discussing three Faulkner texts: As I Lay Dying (1930), Light in August (1932), and The Wild Palms (1939). I also hope to be teaching another Faulkner course in the fall; stay tuned for updates and a reading list.

On the eve of yet another first day of class, I'm looking forward to sharing my love of Faulkner--both his challenges and rewards--in a different setting with different kinds of student-readers. I've taught at the university level for nearly 13 years, but this is my first foray into teaching this kind of adult/continuing ed class.

See also: http://www.politics-prose.com/william-faulkner-1930s-0

No comments:

Post a Comment